Wednesday, January 26, 2005

OpenSolaris starts its public life

Well, it finally went live. The OpenSolaris web site is opened to public and there a lot of stories around the web on that. I actually planned to stay late this night (Israel time) and blog too, but plans had changed - I had to fly to the US on extremely short notice. So I am kinda missing all the fun - sitting in the hotel after long transatlantic flight and full day on customer site. The good news, however, is that there are a lot of OpenSolaris Pilot members blogging like crazy today, so I would hardly say something new anyhow. Or would I ? Hard to say... The stuff I am on currently (PowerPC port) is far from having something "demonstratable". But then it is a lot of fun. Someday we'll be able to show snapshots like that one, but running on PowerPC. I know that day will come...

No comments: